Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some pics from our Sunday game and a little some I found on the forums...

Well, I had planned on posting a full battle report for our game this past Sunday but things did not quite go as I had expected. But I did learn something! Teaching the game + lots of figures (over 3500 points on each side) = a very slow game. D'oh! You would think that I would have remembered that from my demo days.

Everyone still had fun with the game though we did agree that we are going to do some smaller games next time, probably 1000 points each instead of 2000 points, which should work much better. Still, here are a couple of shots that I took of the game.

Here are two different views of the table that we were playing on. Again we were playing the "Bridgehead" variant with the objective being the bright orange container in the middle of the board.


This is what the table looked like at the end of turn one. All of the units were on the board at this point so it was a very nice visual in my opinion. Lots of AFVs as you can see in the middle of the board, though the worst of the bunch was the Easy Trikes. Those things gave my Golgoths quite the pounding!

And this one is for Tony, the latest addition to our ranks at the Shop. At the beginning of turn two, he opened fire on one of my Incubus Golgoths with Urod. This is what it looked like before the Incubus exploded....

Unfortunately most of the other pics that I took are a little blurry. Need to grab a tripod next time...

This final picture has absolutely nothing to do with the game on Sunday but it looks kind of cool. As most people know, in the UNA army book there is a picture of a Cog. While digging through the forums, I managed to find a link to the picture below. These are Cog concept drawings done by Edouard Guiton for Rackham. Since these are concepts, the final images might look very different but even so it is interesting to see what they are considering.


That's all for today, but coming up next I will have a unit review of the Easy Trike. Wait! Don't I play Therians? Yes, but that doesn't mean that I can't give my own theorecically unbias opinions on units from other factions. It is my blog after all... Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

Until then, may all of your dice come up Dragons!


No comments: